Jina this is for you
10 honest things about me
1. I have a nasty temper.. it usually surfaces when I have PMS. I swear when I am angry and since I can’t use any swear words at home, I swap f*** off with ‘jumping jelly beans’ or ‘pink polka doted flying pig’. The rest of the month I am as calm as the ocean when Halcyon is laying its eggs.
2. I absolutely hate talking over the phone. My family knows that and will call me once in a while to make sure I am still alive. I also have the habit of letting the answer machine take the calls when I am not in a mood, which happens very often.
3. I do not like to argue or fight. So I can walk away from a very good friendship if that person did something to annoy me, even when it is a trivial matter that could have been easily settled merely by talking.
4. I still read Harlequin books. One book a day(minimum). It usually takes me an hour to finish reading the whole book. My children’s grandmother is also a Harlequin fan and sends me a whole box of books every month. I love to receive free books!!
5. I collect recipe books. Not the fancy pansy ones.. I like unusual books. My favourite ones are
Food of India by Carol Selva Rajah and Priya Wickramasinghe
SE Asian specialities published by Hf Fullaman
Home baking by Jeffrey Alford and Naomi Duguid.
6. I can have a closet full of clothes and still not have any clothes to wear when I need to go out. I find fault in all permutations and combinations of mix and match and end up wearing the same old torn jeans and t shirts.
7. I like a clean home, but go through periods of absolute chaos. Right now my bed room looks as though a Hurricane has just gone through it. I have been giving away books and things I won’t be taking with me and somehow ended up with stuff everywhere. I know I should clean it up..But it might take days for me to bring myself to do it.
8. I dream of owning my own restaurant. I like to cook and I want a job where I am the boss. I think of opening a small family friendly restaurant that opens only for lunch and dinner. ( I am not a morning person, so breakfast is out of the question)
9. I don’t eat breakfast. Never liked the idea of eating something in the morning. I have a cup of tea every morning. Sometimes I forget to eat lunch and by evening I end up being very hungry and cranky.
10. Oh the worst of me. I speed when kids are not in the car and if there are no other vehicles on the road. I love the feel of driving fast. ( I know the dangers of speeding)