So, what are things I miss the most since coming here?
- My children, my bed and my dog.
- Cheese. I never realized how much cheese has become part of my diet till I came here. I miss having Tomato and Mozzarella salad. I miss cheese toasty, gnocchi with a generous serving of grated mozzarella..
- Coffee. I am not a fan of Starbucks and the café at work often incinerate the coffee beans before grinding. I miss fair trade Colombian coffee that I have at my house in Brissie.
- Shopping. I hate shopping generally. I never ever do window shopping. When I need something, I want to go be able to go to the shop and get it. I live close to one of the largest malls here. All I want is a can of hairstyling mousse. First of all, the mall is very crowded. and the escalators are all over the place and there is no system or order for the shops. Every level has multitudes of restaurants selling practically the same thing. The grocery shop sells everything but hairstyling products. So, my hair is all frizzy due to high humidity and I hate that I can’t do anything.
- Spicy food.
- My goodness, after reading my own grievances list, I realized I have way too much first world problems!! Spoiled brat eh? But there is a plus side. I found a shop that sells tapioca chips 35 pesos (slightly less that 1 AUD) a packet and that makes up for everything!